By Amber Roshay and Melissa Uhles
Everywhere you turn this time of year people are talking about the importance of writing down your goals for the new year, 2018 in this case.
Guess what, Amber, my Pen and Parent co-blogger and I are going to help you feel brave by sharing our personal writing goals with you.
Then it will be your turn. You can get our FREE Writing Goals Printable. Then simply jot down your own goals and stick it to the fridge with that cute magnet of your kiddos.
Let's Rock Your Writing Goals Together
- Finish creating Get Paid to Write/Blog course by the end of February. The goal is to have 20 course participants for the first launch. I’m super excited about this course because I’m passionate about helping writers/bloggers build confidence and get paid to write what they love.
- Offer writing/blogging coaching services to new and experienced writers. I’ve been a writing instructor for ten years and love working one-on-one with writers.
- Write one blog post a month connected to our most popular blog posts to date. I want to build on what our readers love and by creating content that’s read, will give make it worth it for people to stop by Pen and Parent.
- Take online courses in email marketing and pin promotion to learn strategic techniques to promote my writing and blog.
In the past six months, I’ve become obsessed with Pinterest and email marketing. I now find it relaxing to pin while watching television. Perhaps, not the best habit, but being successful as a blogger/writer means you must understand sales and marketing.
- Continue to be a 4am writer. Every day I wake up early (okay, really early) to write, take courses, or work on Pen and Parent. Most people think I’m crazy (yes, I’m talking about you), but making time for my creativity EVERYDAY helped me achieve my goals in 2017.
- Secure three paid guest posts on writing and parenting websites
Now that Amber and I have written down our goals, it’s your turn. Get our FREE Goals Printable worksheet and make 2018 a productive, prosperous and fun year!
What are your writing goals for 2018? We’d love to hear them in the comments!
Please share this post and join us on Facebook and Pinterest.
We use affiliate links which may pay us a small commission at no additional cost to you. This helps us to continue to make great content and help writer/parents like you.