Guest Post on Pen and Parent
We are looking for high-quality original content from parents and writers.
Note: When you submit your guest post, your email will be added to our email newsletter list. We will not share your email or spam you with junk. Our weekly newsletter shares our latest blog posts (including your guest posts), books and courses for writer/parents.
Reasons to Guest Post on Pen and Parent
- Your article will be promoted via our e-newsletter, Pinterest, Facebook & Twitter
- Build name recognition and connect with other parents and writers
- Two links to your website, portfolio or social media sites
- Add a writing credit to your website
- We love working with new writers and provide free guidance to polish your article
- Writing tips that cover subjects like the ins and outs of writing novels, nonfiction, freelance writing or blogging. We'd love it if they did more than skim the surface of how to write a blog or get published. We want articles that are actionable, insightful, and useful. What do want to discover when you read an article for ten minutes on your lunch break?
- Writing & Parenting posts that weave the subjects of writing while parenting together is some small way.
- Parenting tips that are actionable, insightful, and useful. For example, Why Parents Need to Balance out the Workload
- Infertility or fertility success stories that make readers cry or figure out exactly what the TWW means.
- New parent articles that help navigate the wilds of pregnancy, the latest gadgets that help your baby sleep, and other actionable, insightful, and useful tips.
- Seasonal articles for upcoming holidays that connect to writing or parenting in some way.
- Writer or Blogger success stories that showcase rocking parents who write. We love to know how they balanced writing/blogging while parenting. We want to be inspired.
- Parenting over 40 articles that resonate with our readers. What's it like to be the "older" parent at the playground? Do you wish you'd had your kids twenty years before? How do you thrive as an older mom?
- Posts must be 600 - 1500 words
- Only original content will be considered
- We reserve the right to edit for quality and voice to suit the overall tone and style of Pen and Parent
- Final drafts should be submitted via Google Docs
- If you have rights to a high-quality image, please send those with your article for consideration. We reserve the right to use our own image
- We require that you promote the blog post on ALL of your own channels
- We cannot provide compensation at this time for your blog post.
- "Sales" posts with your own affiliate links will not be considered.
- Study our website/blog before you submit. What kinds of articles do we have? Where can you fill a need? What is the style and tone of the writing?
- Do you make claims in your article? Do you need to back them up with a link to a cited source? What other articles on Pen and Parent can you link to within your article?
- Did you check your pitch for grammar, spelling and punctuation? We use Grammarly. We suggest you do too.
Fill out the Guest Post Form below, and we'll get back to you within 7 days. Thanks for submitting your pitches to Pen and Parent - the place for parents who write!