Are you a new blogger hoping to increase your traffic and income? Is 2018 the year you plan to make your blogging goals a reality? In our own quest to achieve success as bloggers we’ve come across some terrific websites that share their secrets to blogging success.
Pen and Parent wants to help you reach your goals too. Get your FREE PRINTABLE on How to Create and Promote the Perfect Blog Post.
A Viral Blog Cheat Sheet to Spiral Your Traffic
If you are a new blogger or using a free platform now but want to shift to a more professional site, check out Amber’s post about why she loves Blue host for self-hosting and better monitization. If you wanna learn more, you may wanna follow up by reading my tips on How to Make Money Blogging.
Following are eight websites that have helped Amber and I on our own blogging journey here at Pen and Parent.
The Best Websites for Bloggers Right Now
1. ProBlogger is the creation of Darren Rowse. His site is a podcast, blog and job board serving bloggers who are looking to make their blogs flourish. I’ve long been a fan of the podcast.
What I love is that Darren seems like a straight shooter who genuinely wants to help people. I don’t get the smarmy salesman vibe from him that some “make money blogging” sites seem to have.
2. Melyssa Griffin offers courses that are supposed to help bloggers increase their traffic and income. One of the courses helps bloggers learn to grow their email list and one teaches bloggers how to utilize Pinterest for driving traffic.
While I haven’t taken any of the courses at this point, I have enjoyed Melyssa’s newsletter and her helpful tips.
3. Elna Cain is the mastermind behind the Twins Mommy blog. Later she turned what she learned about blogging and freelance writing into . She lists her freelance writer-for-hire services on her site .
On her site and in her Facebook group, she shares tips for bloggers and freelance writers that are trying to grow their income. She offers both courses and coaching to help writers reach their goals.
His monthly income is updated in the right hand corner of his site and that’s enough to encourage anyone to read his advice.
5. Copy Blogger is a resource for effective content marketing. That’s essentially what a blog is when it’s being used to generate and income. You can participate in learning and becoming a certified writer and learn to create content that “converts.”
6. Smart Blogger is Jon Morrow’s site about building a successful blog. While his tone is blunt, there is much to be learned from his content. To see what I mean, check out his post: 20 Ways to Be Just Another Mediocre Blogger Nobody Gives a Crap About.
7. Redefining Mom is Monica Froese's site about helping moms make money online. Not only does she give great tips on how to create a successful blog, she offers super helpful courses for email marketing and Pinterest. Check out her amazing course ConvertKit Masterclass 201 and watch your email list grow.
Amber also wrote a guest post for Monica about how the lack of paid family leave shortens breastfeeding. To learn more go to: Lack of Paid Family Leave Makes It Harder for Women to Breastfeed.
8. Sue Dunlevie from Successful Blogging is a mastermind who simplifies blogging strategies through her personal couching and blogging courses. 5 Awesome Design Tips to Make Your Blog Look Professional is a great example of her style and expertise.
While I’m sure there are many other stand-out websites that guide bloggers on their path toward growing income, these are my favorites. I hope you learn as much as I have from these folks.
For further reading on the subject of blogging, check out our ebook How to Make a Living as a Writer.
What is your go-to resource as a blogger? If I missed a good site, let us know about it in the comments.
We use affiliate links that may lead to a small commission for us at no additional cost to you if products or services are purchased through those links.